As a Graduation student: Development of a workflow engine on Hadoop, integrated with the ORTEC Big Data Portal at ORTEC you will be part of a unique organization and team!
Thesis subject description
ORTEC is developing a Big Data Portal for doing data integration and analytics on that data. Within the portal a workflow can be defined that describes in a high-level language what kinds of processing need to be performed and how that shapes the data. This workflow description is compiled to an actual implementation that can be executed. Currently, the Big Data Portal compiles workflows to an execution model that can be run on a single machine. For Big Data it is necessary to distribute data and computations over that data. Therefore, the compiler should be able to compile the workflow description to an execution engine running on Hadoop.
Who you are
• A student in the master phase or the end of the bachelor phase of your study in the areas of Informatics, Business Informatics, Artificial Intelligence, Information Science, Technical Informatics or a related subject.
• Strong analytic skills
• Strong affinity with IT
• Ability to work in a team
• Able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing)
• Detail oriented, analytical and flexible
• Strong communicator and a self-starter
What we offer
• A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
• Early responsibility
• Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
• Ample opportunities to develop yourself (internationally)
• Excellent pay and conditions
• Active employee association
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, Poland, the U.S., Australia and Brazil.
Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.