Simply pursuing a successful business is no longer enough nowadays. Positive contributions to the planet and society at large are more important every day. At ORTEC our drive is to help our customers to use their data in a smart way to be more efficient, adaptive and sustainable. How nice would it be to have an inspiring job in an innovative industry and contribute to a better world? Well, this is your chance!
As a Data Science Software Engineer at our Data Science & Consulting Business Unit, you will be responsible for finding and successfully implementing creative solutions to challenges faced by some of the most iconic businesses in the world, including Shell, Walmart, Coca-Cola, Heineken, and FedEx.
Using software engineering knowledge, you will develop full-stack applications. You will work in a joint team with other ORTEC colleagues and the customer. Depending on your interests and the customer’s needs, your responsibilities will vary between model development, back-end or front-end development and data engineering. During this process, you will engage with clients directly to understand their business processes and workflows.
This position is based in Grenoble. You are coached on the job and supported to develop yourself by experienced consultants.
At ORTEC you will work with highly motivated colleagues with a passion for software and mathematics. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, collaborative, and fun.
• Translate business challenges into software solutions
• Use cloud computing tools and platforms such as Azure to provide customers with state-of-the-art data analytics
• Design and implement data architectures
• Develop best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting and security
• Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and (security) standards
• Attend regular progress meetings with customers (multiple times a week) face-to-face or via online meeting software. This may include working on-site
You are ready for your first or second step in your career and have a passion for software engineering and data. You want to use that passion to contribute to a better world!
• You have a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, or similar field.
• You have experience with databases (SQL or noSQL)
• You are able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of business analytics, machine learning techniques, big data tools and optimization.
• Experience with version control software (e.g. Git), CI/CD (e.g. Azure DevOps), cloud services (e.g. Azure) and/or Data Science and Data Engineering services (e.g. Azure Databricks)
• Experience in a client-facing, customer-focused role
• Knowledge of the energy and/or manufacturing industry